3 basic and major structures:
If যুক্ত clause টি present tense হলে অপর clause টি
হবে present / future tense
* If they invite me, I will go there.
* If he gets, he eats.
* If he has time, he usually goes to school on foot.
* If man drinks poison, he dies.
If যুক্ত clause টি past indefinite tense হলে অপর
clause টি হবে -
* Subject + /could/might/would+V.base form + others.
* If I wrote them, they would respond me soon.
* Rana would consol them if they cried at the
absent of their parents
If যুক্ত clause টি past perfect tense হলে অপর
clause টি হবে-
* Subject + /could/might/would+ have + v.p.p + others
* If they had had much money, they might
have been happy.
* If she had studied hard, she could have
obtained a first class.
Some Other Important Structures:
Were/Had+subject+others+অপর Clause টি
* Subject + /could/might/would+ v. base form + others
* Were they studious, they could obtain the degree.
* Had I much money, I would buy a car.
Had + sub + v.p.p + others + অপর clause টি হবে-
* Subject + /could /might/would+ have + v.p.p + others
* Had she found the right buyer, she might have sold the house.
* Had they given money to the people, they would have made them happy.
Unless / যদি না :
* Unless + affirmative verb + ----- + negative verb.
* Subject + verb + unless + subject + verb in present form.
I can’t go unless I finish my work.
Unless I hurry, I’ll miss my bus.(If I don’t hurry, I’ll miss my bus.)
In case / পাছে যদি (শর্তহীন্তা বুঝায়)
I’ll give you the book, in case you need it.
Q. Had we reached the station, we......celebrated the function.
a. would have b. could have been
c. might be c. would be